I really like pen pill for creating my digital artwork and for retouching all my portraits. I discover a stage of precision I simply can’t get with a mouse. Whereas I’ve tried a couple of pen shows, I confess that I all the time appear to return to a pill. For me, they’re simpler to work with. However I need to admit there’s something so good about working with a pen show. I’ve tried some small (12″) and a few massive (22″) variations however they only weren’t that snug. So when Huion requested if I wish to strive their new Kamvas Professional 16 (2.5K) I needed to say “sure please.” Hoping the 16″ is simply the correct measurement.
Observe: Huion despatched the pen show to evaluate. Nonetheless, this can be a fully impartial evaluate. All ideas about this merchandise are our personal.
One of many largest issues folks appear to have with any drawing pill is hand-eye coordination. Utilizing a show pill that permits you to draw straight onto the pill can overcome this. Personally, I didn’t have an issue with that and even discovered myself continuously taking a look at my monitor anyway. Outdated habits die onerous, I assume. The KamvasPro 16 is really pretty to work with and on. The dimensions isn’t too unhealthy and it comes with a helpful stand. I’ve discovered smaller shows to onerous to see and enormous shows take up an excessive amount of room. I believe the 16″ sits within the Goldilocks zone (good).
The brand new Kamvas Professional 16 from Huion (2.5K) has a textured aluminum again, Anti-Glare etched glass, and full lamination. It has a 2.5K decision and QLED know-how which provides it a brand new definition. Kamvas Professional 16 (2.5K) allows you to deeply immerse your self in several artwork areas, similar to design, Photoshop, digital artwork, retouching, and many others.
- Straight out of the field, it requires a little bit of setup. Whereas it’s plug-and-play it does require drivers to be loaded for programming buttons. It requires a connection for the Show to work, in addition to energy.
- Has programmable buttons on the facet of the show, is straightforward to arrange and really helpful (though I nonetheless maintain altering my thoughts about hotkey settings — however really easy to do). The pan/scroll function permits you to scroll up and down a webpage, and many others.
- It has a clean and comfy matte floor to work on, really, it’s very dreamy and tremendous snug to work with
- Strain delicate pen, with tilt perform
- Minimalist design and comfy to make use of
- Huge, daring and exquisite in addition to ergonomic, with out being outsized
- The pen suits comfortably in your hand (battery-free)
- Seems to be a strong construct, very strong
- Honest set up information (as soon as downloaded from the web site)
- Comes with spare nibs (normal and felt) and a pen holder
- Nonslip toes in addition to the upright stand attachment that’s absolutely adjustable
- The person information is kind of small. Significantly better off to go straight the web site and obtain the guide
- You have to shut down all packages (Lightroom & Photoshop and many others) to load the drivers efficiently, then restart your PC to get it working correctly, after which it’s simple to make use of. I do know that is relevant to many packages and drivers as effectively. So probably not a Con, extra a pay attention to.
- Nonetheless no finger management by way of show, to zoom or rotate, however you’ll be able to simply program that to dials and hotkeys, as a workaround
- No dials or scrolls for enhance/lower or zoom capabilities
- I wanted to arrange my display screen and do a monitor calibration a couple of occasions earlier than the pen labored accurately, be sure to do a restart
Kamvas Professional 16 (2.5K)— Technical specs
The entire technical specs for the Kamvas Professional 16 are from the Huion web site. The above pictures are provided by Huion.
- Product Mannequin GT1602
- Dimensions: 436.2 x 247.3 x 10-11.5mm — not together with stand (panel measurement 15.8″ diagonal)
- Weight: 1.28Kg
- Energetic space: 349.6 x 196.7mm
- Response: time 14ms
- LCD Sort: IPS 60Hz
- Pen: Batteryfree EMR — 5080LPI
- Strain Ranges 8192 ranges
- Studying Top: 10 mm
- Port: USB-C & Mini HDMI, plus energy
- Compatibility: Home windows 11/10/8/7, MAC OS10.12 (or later), CHROME IS 88 (or later), Linux
- Coloration: Silvery Frost (Black)
- Full Lamination: AG Etched Anti-Glare Glass
- Shortcut keys: 8
- Dial: 0
- Visible Angle: 178o
- Enter Voltage: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Kamvas Professional 16 — Versatile Connectivity
Ergonomics are superb. It’s snug to work with, the adjustable stand means you’ll be able to set the angle most snug to work with. Good, fluid clean matte floor space and pen connection. Adjustable stress sensitivity. I actually just like the felt pen tip too, its softer and glides much more fluidly over the show floor.
Construct high quality
The show feels strong, it’s barely bigger and heavier than the Huion Inspiroy 2L (which is NOT a show), however this show is strong and secure on the desktop. The show is strong and has a nonslip matte floor, with an adjustable stand. The stylus can also be light-weight and feels snug within the hand.
Out of the field
Out of the field, there aren’t any batteries or something, join by way of the provided USB-C to USB-C, and the 3in2 cable USB Energy Cable, (a USB Extension Cable can also be provided), plug within the Energy adapter, and also you’re prepared to begin putting in the drivers and organising your pill.
Within the Obtain part, there’s a hyperlink for the Person guide, this guide is kind of good and as soon as I shut down Lightroom and Photoshop the drivers had been put in shortly and simply. A fast Restart and the Huion software program allowed me to program the pen and pill with ease.
The pen is provided, in addition to a pen holder, further nibs (normal and felt), a nib extractor, a glove and a cleansing material.
Chances are you’ll have to arrange your show configuration in case you are utilizing multiple monitor, which took slightly fiddling round with the show setup, as I have already got two screens linked. I had to enter Show (right-click on the Home windows display screen) and go to Settings. I wanted so as to add a 3rd display screen after which duplicate my first display screen onto the show or third display screen). Not overly sophisticated, however it’s one thing to concentrate on. This could be a lot simpler if I solely had one display screen (like on a laptop computer). I did additionally discover I needed to take away all earlier Huion set up and Driver recordsdata, to finish my set up, however most individuals gained’t discover this drawback.
You will want to arrange your working space, I additionally counsel a monitor calibration along with your pen. Then restart your pc. I had to do that twice, though I’m not positive why it didn’t work accurately the primary time — a glitch?
Kamvas Professional 16 — In use
You may program the buttons to no matter perform you want ie; Seize/Transfer, Rotate, Undo, Save, brush, Alt, Area and extra. You may even program the buttons on the stylus. With so many button decisions it may be arrange simply how you want. There’s a pan/scroll function with the pen for scrolling on webpages and such. There isn’t any zoom out and in perform or pen enhance/lower and many others. That was annoying. However I discovered a potential workaround.
Refreshingly no batteries are required in any respect. No charging!
You merely join the pen show to your pc with the included USB-C cable, and USB energy cables, plug in energy and switch it on. The facility button is on the highest left hand nook, on the sting.
As soon as I programmed my pen and pill, it was tremendous intuitive to make use of. The pen feels snug and the matte floor feels terrific to work with, it’s dreamy and so good for portray particularly. Very exact. terrific for retouching too.
Tip: Use some reusable tape and write what you will have programmed the buttons for and stick on the buttons or connect a sticky observe to your PC till you keep in mind all of them. Particularly with so many button decisions. Oh, and altering your thoughts is so fast and simple to do, simply soar into the Huion show panel and alter them.
The KamvasPro 16 is surprisingly good for the value. As soon as put in and arrange, it’s tremendous simple to make use of. Has good strong fluid motion and particulars. The buttons are nice, I want it had dials too (though I’ve now bought the elective Huion Key Dial Mini). Took little to no time to get used to them. It’s a implausible measurement to work on, simple to learn all the pieces on the display screen too. It takes up a little bit of room on the desktop however is extra manageable than the big 22″ show I’ve beforehand used.