I converted to Godox a few years in the past. They’ve made my life so easy and straightforward. Out and in of the studio. Out of the field, the Godox AD200Pro has no advanced menus; it’s easy however oh-so highly effective. I like it a lot I purchased a second one! Let’s have a better look!
Notice: My Godox AD200Pro has been beforehand purchased and closely utilized in my studio, this evaluate is totally unbiased. All ideas about this speedlight are our personal.
- Very straightforward to make use of with intuitive, easy controls. Plug within the battery and play, actually.
- Variable controls for TTL, Handbook and Excessive-Pace Sync & extra
- Wirelessly managed and triggered by Godox X1, X2 or XPro triggers (offered individually)
- USB-C for firmware upgrades
- Minimalist design
- Can connect totally different flash heads for various lighting results, and comes with a Fresnel head and naked bulb
- Seems to be a strong construct, sturdy with an anti-slip really feel
- Not precisely pocket-size, however light-weight and simply matches in your hand
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery 500 full energy flashes 1.8s recycling time
- Comes with a terrific flash holder for lighting stands
- The excessive distinction perform panel is straightforward to see and use in a darkish studio, with out being disruptive. Simple-to-use buttons and dials
- A great deal of equipment can be found together with a Bowens mount for gentle modifiers
- Though it’s small, I discovered it barely cumbersome, and actually must be on a tripod to free my fingers up
- Not designed for on-camera operation
- The battery is just a little awkward to get out, the swap is awkward with fingernails
Godox AD200Pro — Technical specs
The entire technical specs for the AD200Pro are from the Godox web site.
- Flash Mode, Wi-fi off, M/Multi, Slave, TTL/M/Multi
- Suitable with most main digicam manufacturers
- Excessive-Pace Sync (as much as 1/8000 seconds), entrance and rear curtain sync
- Recycle time Approx 0.01-1.8s
- Charger provided
- Charging Time: 1-2 hours
- Runtime (Most Energy): 500 full energy flashes, energy 200w
- S1/S2, controllable slave teams
- Battery sort: Rechargeable Lithium (14.4V/2900mAh)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 172mm x 54mm x 75mm (flash head not included)
- Weight: 0.590Kg (flash head and battery not included)
AD200Pro — Versatility
Ergonomics are fairly good. It’s minimalist and clean, but not slippery to the contact. You may change heads, and add gentle modifiers and it’s simply so transportable. When utilizing the X1 or X2 set off you may management the sunshine out of your digicam.
Out of the field
Out of the field, it comes partially charged, however it’s endorsed to completely cost it first earlier than going out into the sector. My equipment got here with the primary head unit, a Fresnel head and a naked bulb head. Battery and charger are additionally included. I additionally purchased a Gel equipment (with little barn doorways) which is magnetic. It additionally got here with directions and a guaranty booklet.
AD200Pro — Within the discipline
Controls & Set off
There are controls, dials and menus on the sunshine itself, and most of the capabilities have to be set there. However pair it up with a Godox X1, X2 or XPro set off in your digicam’s hot-shoe and you’ll change the sunshine energy, swap between channels and such out of your set off.
Please notice — the X1, X2 and XPro triggers are offered individually, they don’t include the sunshine.
When absolutely charged, it will provide you with roughly 500 full-power flashes. I not often run on full energy so I get extra out of it.
It comes with a terrific mounting bracket for the standard gentle stand, related to the facet or backside. You can even get varied equipment such because the S1 or AK-R1, or a Bowen’s mount adapter after which add lighting modifiers like strip bins, magnificence dishes or softboxes. These additionally connect with a regular gentle stand.
As soon as in place, flick the ability swap on the facet and set your settings. You may shoot, TTL (By way of the Lens), Handbook, Multi or Slave. I actually, desire to make use of Handbook Mode and a Gentle Meter. You then’re good to go. Usually, after you have set most issues up in your gentle, it’s actually simply adjusting the ability output.
I purchased my first AD200Pro a number of years in the past, not solely is it versatile and straightforward to make use of, it’s improbable for journey and I ended up shopping for a second one for much more versatility within the studio. It truly is the LIGHT of MY LIFE. I don’t know the place I’d be with out them.