Lume Dice launched the up to date RGB Panel Professional 2.0. Concerning the dimension of a smartphone, it produces high-quality RGB and white mild.
Notice: Lume Dice despatched us the RGB Panel Professional 2.0 to assessment and preserve. Nonetheless, it is a utterly impartial assessment. All ideas about this product are our personal.
- Small but vibrant, whether or not utilizing CCT or RGB
- With a CRI of 96+, the sunshine holds element
- Easy to make use of, significantly by the Lume Management app
- Stylish, sturdy construct and design
- Expenses through USB and features a high-quality braided charging cable as an alternative of an affordable cable
- Provides a significant estimate of the remaining energy based mostly on the present setting reasonably than a tiny segmented bar.
- The panel’s LCD’s blue lettering is tough to see in vibrant daylight (this could be good purpose to make use of the Lume Management app as an alternative)
- It lacks magnetic attraction
- It’s costly
Lume Dice RGB Panel Professional 2.0 — Technical specs
All the technical specs for the Lume Dice RGB Panel Professional 2.0 are from the official Lume Dice web site.
- Panel Professional 2.0 vs. Unique Panel Professional — 11% brighter bi-color | 400% brighter RGB | 10% extra Lumens | 96+ CRI vs. 90+ CRI | 20% longer battery life | wider temperature vary 2700K — 7500K vs. 3200 — 5600K | new inexperienced/magenta tint management | extra sturdy design | built-in energy financial institution | model new app
- Dimensions — 6″ (width) x 3.14″ (peak) x .43″ (depth)
- Full Spectrum RGB Colours — Over 16 million coloration choices, permitting you to rework any picture or video shoot effortlessly
- 204 LEDs — Highly effective high-quality LED lights
- 2700K — 7500K Shade Temperature — Set the temper or keep true-to-life pores and skin tones in any setting
- 835 lux at .5 meters — Ensures well-lit, detailed photographs with enhanced readability and definition
- 595 Lumens — Gives the optimum stage of brightness to light up you or your topic in unpredictable lighting situations
- 96+ CRI Ranking — Impeccable coloration accuracy ensures that you just or your topic seem pure and vibrant
- Lume Management App — Bluetooth management of your Panel Professional 2.0, together with a Picture Eyedropper to match your mild to any coloration with one contact.
- Pre-Programmed Particular Results — Seven pre-programmed particular results, with 10 stepless pace settings for every
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery — As much as 4 hours at 50% energy and a pair of hours at 100% energy
- Dynamic Run Time Updates — Battery run time will routinely replace as you modify settings
- Digital camera Mount — Appropriate with Nikon / Sony / Canon / Fuji / Panasonic DSLR cameras. (writer: sure, it suits Pentax cameras too!)
- Diffusion Lens (Included) — To melt your mild and add dimension
- Energy Financial institution Performance — 16.72 Wh Battery Capability with a 12.54 Wh Output can cost an iPhone Professional Max ~ 0.8 occasions (as much as about 80%) or a daily iPhone ~1 full cost
Lume Dice RGB Panel Professional 2.0 — Ergonomics and construct high quality
The sunshine is simple to carry or mount. There are two threaded 1/4″-20 holes so it’s possible you’ll screw this on to a tripod or different stand. You may additionally connect this to a digicam through the included chilly shoe mount. All switches are straightforward to make use of, even with massive fingers.
Construct high quality
The sunshine has an aesthetic construct and end to it, partially as a result of its one-piece aluminum housing. The buttons and change really feel stable and don’t wiggle. The sunshine panel is the approximate dimension and weight of a smartphone. At 6″ x 3.14″ x 0.43″, it’s virtually the identical dimension as an iPhone 14 Professional in a case.
This small mild delivers a 595 Lumen output and 96+ CRI for wonderful coloration accuracy. The 204 LEDs packed into this mild are reasonably vibrant, particularly in RGB mode.
As an alternative of the most cost effective attainable charging cable, Lume Dice despatched a top quality braided cable with rubber shielding to scale back the realm the place the cable meets the connector from being bent and damaged.
RGB Panel Professional 2.0 vs. the earlier mannequin
The RGB Panel Professional 2.0 is 11% brighter in CCT ((Correlated Shade Temperature) mode and 400% brighter within the RGB perform. Its battery life is 20% longer. The CCT mode is wider now, starting from 2700K — 7500 Kelvin vs. 3200 — 5600 Kelvin. It additionally has tint management and a extra sturdy design.
Lume Dice RGB Panel Professional 2.0 — Within the discipline
As a result of it’s the dimension of a smartphone, I discovered that I used to be additionally capable of mount it on a selfie stick or tripod with a smartphone mount. After all, you should use it with a stand, tripod, or sizzling shoe mount as nicely. Due to this flexibility in mounting it, the RGB Panel Professional 2.0 could be very straightforward to make use of for a wide range of conditions, together with product images.
I’ve used some mild panels the place the diffuser was tough to take away. That is significantly aggravating while you’re photographing at night time.
Not so with this one. The snap-on diffuser could be very straightforward to take away, and even simpler to placed on. The diffuser works nicely like every frosted white plastic you’ll have used earlier than.
The sunshine encompasses a rechargeable lithium battery. Lume Dice states that the battery lasts for two hours at most (100%) energy, and about 4 hours at 50% energy. The battery life indicator can be correct all the way down to the minute, so you’ll be able to estimate how lengthy you’ll be able to go at a given setting. This can be a unbelievable characteristic, way more helpful than battery indicators that solely have 4 or five-segmented indicators.
The unit can even perform as an influence financial institution, charging a cellphone. This can be a characteristic I ordinarily wouldn’t use, but when confronted with a compelling purpose to take action, it’s good to know that it will probably do that.
Video and podcasting
The sunshine can be utilized for creating movies or video podcasting. With its pleasing white mild and diffuser, you possibly can definitely use it to light up your self by mounting it to the digicam or on a tripod or stand close by.
You may additionally use it to create attention-grabbing coloration results (presumably in again of you, however hey, if you’d like this flashing in your face, you do you!). This consists of the assorted results it has, together with Lightning, Fireplace, Candle, Siren, and TV. Set this up within the background so as to add curiosity to your video podcasts or inventive Zoom conferences.
Moreover, it’s possible you’ll use the sunshine whereas powering it through USB-C.
Night time images
After all, I’m not going to assessment an RGB mild panel with out discussing night time images, am I? No. Due to the aforementioned a number of mounting strategies, mounting it to a stand, tripod, selfie stick, or smartphone mount is simple. Because it’s additionally small and light-weight, you might also use gaffer’s tape to stay the panel virtually anyplace. It’d be good if this had magnetic attraction.
And because it’s small and light-weight, it takes up little or no room within the digicam bag.
I used it for 2 nights of night time images with mild portray. I didn’t must recharge it, and on the finish, it nonetheless had 5.3 hours based mostly on 22% brightness, the setting I used more often than not for mild portray below a full moon with an ISO of 200. I’d set a really dim setting if I had been doing high-ISO Milky Means images.
I used the app from so far as 100 ft away. It could go additional than that, however that’s how far I used to be once I walked away with it whereas controlling it. I used the controls on the unit itself, which had been straightforward to make use of and skim at night time.
In case you are mild portray foreground topics with the panel, you possibly can use Cinefoil or one thing much like block the perimeters. This might provide the on the spot means to mild paint with high-quality white or coloured lights that maintain element.
Bear in mind, though this small mild has the flexibility to get very vibrant, you’ll be able to steadily apply it to very low settings to realize your objective, whether or not utilizing it as a stationary mild or mild portray topics. That is true when photographing close to a full moon. And it’s doubly true when utilizing high-ISO settings for the Milky Means. For this, you would possibly need to use the 1% brightness setting, which the sunshine panel gives.
As you’ll be able to see, the sunshine panel is kind of good at handheld mild portray. It holds element, and the sunshine is reasonably pleasing. It could work successfully as a stationary mild as nicely. I favor to light up my topics handheld for max management, particulars, and nuance, however as all the time, your mileage could differ.
I didn’t use the sunshine panel for product images. There was a purpose for this. If the sunshine is as pleasing and detailed as it’s for night time images, then utilizing it in a managed setting will pose no challenges for this mild. In any case, what’s a truck if not a really massive product?
Lume Dice RGB Panel Professional 2.0 — Lume Management app
The Lume Management app is very simple to make use of. It’s simpler and faster to make use of than navigating the menu with the Mode Button and rotary dial on the unit since all the pieces is laid out successfully. Regardless, both means, the sunshine is easy to function with out studying instructions. I’m not imploring anybody to disregard instructions, after all. No, that might be irresponsible of me. But it surely’s comforting to know that controlling the sunshine is this easy.
Connecting the sunshine through Bluetooth is easy. It virtually does it by itself. Activate the Bluetooth choice utilizing the toggle change. Then merely choose the sunshine from the System Checklist. As soon as up to now, after a few days of not utilizing the app, I needed to pair the sunshine panel with the app once more. Whereas this was easy, it was shocking that the app initially mentioned the sunshine was on-line when it was activated and solely three ft away.
The app has extra controls. And naturally, it gives brightness, coloration temperature sliders, superior hue choice, easy accessibility to preprogrammed results, and a coloration picker. The colour picker permits your mild to paint match to a picture through your cellphone’s digicam.
If you happen to want to entry the RGB mild — and you do — hit the three-line menu icon to the best of the Superior Settings header. This whisks you into the fantastic world of RGB. There are three sliders: Hue, Saturation, and Brightness. Easy. You might save settings as presets too. Merely press and maintain any of the 4 + icons on the backside. It’s very versatile and simple to make use of. What I actually love about that is that to vary from CCT, RGB, or results, all you need to do on the app is hit the management, and the panel switches instantly. That is significantly extra handy than utilizing the Mode Button to vary modes after which alter the colour. And as you’ll be able to inform by my description, there may be virtually no lag when utilizing the app.